Who I Am:
I work with clients of all shapes and sizes to break through what’s in the way and reach their true potential. I see what is possible, simplify what it takes to get there, and stimulate action. Learn more about me and my career at linkedin.com/in/benbrooksny.
What I Do:
Ushering my clients to get out of their own way, cutting through the crap, and stepping on the accelerator is what fuels my tank every day. I get that not everything can be tackled head on. Sometimes sideways is the best way. Boring solutions won't excite you to take action. Which is why I put the fun, sexy, elegance and uniqueness into what I do.
My career has been a fantastic adventure. Some of my work includes: getting grey-haired insurance brokers excited to use social media, helping design spy planes for the US Army, changing tires on rental cars while wearing a suit, helping to get Don't Ask, Don't Tell repealed, buying servers on my corporate card to get a project moving, teaching junior high students how to apologize to their parents, designing cufflinks to represent an org’s values, following around aircraft mechanics in Switzerland, defusing screamers in a call center, slicing software development processes with Kaizen, teaching executives to tell stories while in an old English castle, and even producing animation.
I'm dedicated to helping people take on what they really want in their businesses and careers. When we work together, you can count on me to educate, delight, and inspire.
What I Dig:
When I'm not working, I might be: geeking out to aviation blogs, soaking in what's great about NYC, traveling somewhere that people wear tank-tops, playing my part in making the world a better place, watching TED talks, or taking a run.
My Work and My Impact:
Awards & Recognition
- Human Resource Executive Magazine's "Rising Star" in 2011
- Human Resource Executive Dec. 2012 Cover Story
- 2012 Peer Awards for Excellence
In The Media
Conference & Presentation Videos
- Duke University Fuqua School of Business: What Does a Social Business Success Story Look Like?
- The Conference Board: Developing Your Corporate Social Media Strategy
- HR Tech Conference 2012: Yes! You Can Make HR Sexy
- HR Tech Conference: Marsh Transforms Itself with Social
- Human Capital Institute: Marsh U and IGNITE